|Gene Kelly Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||August 23, 1912|
|Date of Death||February 2, 1996|
Gene Kelly was an American actor, filmmaker, dancer, singer, choreographer, and comedian whose most memorable film credits include Singin’ in the Rain (1952), An American in Paris (1951), Anchors Aweigh (1945), Inherit the Wind (1960), etc.
Eugene Curran Kelly
Gene was born on August 23, 1912.
He passed away on February 2, 1996, in California at the old age of 83 years following a series of strokes.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Actor, Singer, Dancer, Filmmaker, Choreographer, Comedian
Gene’s net worth was $10 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 7½ in or 171.5 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gene had dated –
- Doris Lilly
- Joan Kelly
- Barbara Stanwyck
- Gloria Vanderbilt
- Betsy Blair (1940-1957) – Actress Betsy Blair was his first wife, whom he married on September 22, 1941. The couple welcomed a daughter named Kerry Kelly (b. 1942) together before getting divorced on April 3, 1957.
- Martha Hyer
- Barbara Nichols (1958)
- Jeanne Coyne (1960-1973) – The Cover Girl (1944) actor was married to Jeanne Coyne from August 6, 1960, until Coyne’s death on May 10, 1973. The couple shared 2 children together named Bridget Kelly (b. 1964) and Timothy Kelly (b. 1962).
- Patricia Ward (1990-1996) – He married Patricia Ward, who was 47 years younger to him, on July 20, 1990. The couple were together until his death in 1996.
Race / Ethnicity
He had Irish (75%) and German (25%) ancestry.
- Energetic dancing style
- Scar on the left side of his face
- Chin dimple
Gene Kelly Facts
- In 1997, he was included in the list of ‘Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time’ at #26 by Empire Magazine.
- Gene was a role model to stars like Jackie Chan, Heath Ledger, David Carradine, etc.
- He was included in the long list of movie stars mentioned in Madonna‘s popular song, Vogue.
Featured Image by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer / Wikimedia / Public Domain