|Matt Riddle Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||January 14, 1986|
Matt Riddle is an American professional wrestler and mixed martial artist (MMA) who is better known by the ring name Matt Riddle. He is signed to World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) and has been assigned to one of the company’s brands NXT.
Matthew Fredrick Riddle
Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States
He attended Saratoga Springs High School and later went to East Stroudsburg University.
He self-manages himself.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Matt Riddle has dated –
- Lisa Rennie (2011-Present) – They got married in 2011 and are parents to twin girls and a son.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- V-shaped Jawline
- Plump Lips
Matt Riddle Facts
- He was a state wrestling champion back in high school. At the time, he pinned future UFC champion, Jon Jones. When attending East Stroudsburg University, he became a member of the wrestling team for 2 years during which he won and compiled many championships. After his head coach was fired, he lost his wrestling scholarship and began switching to mixed martial arts.
- During his amateur career in MMA, Riddle worked as a roofer and trained in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in the evenings. He cited B.J. Penn’s book titled Mixed Martial Arts: The Book of Knowledge as one of the tools that helped him in his early years in MMA.
- On June 21, 2008, he made his UFC and professional debut at the Ultimate Fighter 7 Finale, defeating fellow Ultimate Fighter castmate Dante Rivera via unanimous decision.
- Following his exit from UFC, he signed a multi-fight deal with Texas-based promotion, Legacy Fighting Championships. However, he instead joined the Bellator MMA roster after his contract was reportedly purchased by the promotion, dated May 18, 2013. He was expected to compete in the Bellator’s welterweight tournament but had to back out of the tournament and eventually retired from MMA fighting due to financial reasons.
- On February 28, 2014, he fought fellow former UFC fighter, Michael Kuiper in the co-main event of Titan FC 27. He won by 2nd round guillotine choke.
- Shortly after it was announced that Riddle would be training for a career in professional wrestling, he officially made his professional wrestling debut at the Monster Factory in Paulsboro, New Jersey, on February 27, 2015.
- In July 2015, Riddle won the Monster Factor Heavyweight Championship. On September 15, 2015, it was announced that he had signed with World Wrestling Network (WWN) to work for the October Evolve events. He later confirmed that he participated in a WWE tryout, which led to the booking with Evolve. On January 24, 2016, he won Evolve’s Style Battle Tournament.
- On September 3, 2016, he made his Pro Wrestling Guerrilla (PWG) debut and entered the 2016 Battle of Los Angeles tournament from which he was eliminated in his first-round match by Kyle O’Reilly.
- He defeated Rampage Brown and won the Progress Atlas Championship on January 15, 2017. He debuted for the Revolution Pro Wrestling on January 21, 2017, in a losing match against Katsuyori Shibata for the British Heavyweight Championship.
- On July 31, 2018, Uproxx reported that he had officially signed a contract with WWE. On August 18, he appeared at NXT Takeover: Brooklyn IV during which he was identified by the event’s commentators as WWE’s newest signing.
- He made his video game debut as a playable character in WWE 2K20.
Featured Image by Matt Riddle / Instagram