|Sean Xiao Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||October 5, 1991|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Sean Xiao is a Chinese actor and singer who had started his career in the Chinese entertainment industry in 2015, as a member of the boy group X Nine. He later became an actor and has appeared in several films, short films, and TV series, most notably The Untamed (2019), Joy of Life (2019), The Wolf (2020), and Douluo Continent (2021). In April 2020, he had released a single titled Spot Light which had set the Guinness World Record for the fastest-selling digital album within 24 hours of its launch. It later went on to become the highest-selling digital single of all time with more than 45 million copies sold.
Sean Xiao, Brother Rich
Sean, after his high school graduation, had joined the Modern International Art Design Academy at the Chongqing Technology and Business University, a public university in his hometown of Chongqing. He had graduated from there in 2014.
Xiao Zhan Studio
6 ft or 183 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Chinese descent.
- Lanky frame
- Lean physique
- Center-parted, wavy hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Affable smile
He has served as the brand ambassador for the cosmetics products giant Estée Lauder‘s fragrance and beauty line.
Sean Xiao Facts
- He was artistically inclined from a very young age and used to learn painting as well as playing the violin during his school days.
- After his graduation from Chongqing Technology and Business University in 2014, he had worked as a photographer and graphic designer for about a year before taking a plunge into the entertainment industry. While at university, he was a regular member of their chor team.
- In 2015, he had participated in the reality TV show X-Fire where he had trained to be an idol singer alongside 15 other trainees. He eventually debuted, alongside 8 other trainees, in the idol group X Nine in 2016, as the boy band’s lead vocalist. X Nine had released their first mini-album, titled X Jiu, in September 2016.
- In 2019, Forbes China had listed him in their ’30 Under 30 Asia’ list as part of its compilation of the most influential youngsters in Asia. The same year, he had also been ranked number 1 in the TCCAsia‘s ‘Most Handsome Faces in Asia’ list.
- The Wolf (2020), a TV series in which he had played a key role, had become such a big hit in mainland China that it had surpassed 500 million views on a single platform within just 11 days of its launch.
- In February 2020, he was involved in a major controversy when an adult fan fiction novel featuring him had appeared on a website called ‘Archive of Our Own’. It went viral on the Chinese social networking site Weibo immediately. The content had some disturbing and graphic images of Sean which led to the entire website being blocked in China by the Great Firewall. The controversy caused a lot of backlashes, including cyber violence, not just against Sean but also against the numerous products and brands that he endorses.
Featured Image by Sean Xiao / Instagram