|Zorawar Kalra Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||May 26, 1977|
Zorawar Kalra is an Indian restaurateur and entrepreneur who is best known as the founder and managing director of Massive Restaurants Pvt. Ltd., a company that owns restaurants/restaurant franchises such as Masala Library, Pa Pa Ya, Farzi Café, Made in Punjab,BBQ’D, Rivers TO Oceans (R2O), YOUNION, +94 Bombay, Butter Delivery, and HotelShangHigh. He had also served as a co-judge of MasterChef India, the Indian version of the globally popular competitive cooking game show franchise MasterChef Australia, in the show’s 5th season (2016).
The Prince of Indian Cuisine, Man with a Vision on a Mission
New Delhi, India
He splits his time between New Delhi, India, and Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Zorawar, in 2001, joined the McCallum Graduate School of Business, the business school of Bentley University, a private university located in Waltham, Massachusetts, United States. He graduated from there in 2003.
- Father – Jaspal Inder Singh ‘Jiggs’ Kalra (aka ‘The Czar of Indian Cuisine’ and ‘Tastemaker to the Nation’) (Restaurateur, Food Columnist, TV Host, Author) (d. June 2019)
- Siblings – Ajit Kalra (Brother) (Restaurateur)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Zorawar has dated –
- Dildeep Sehgal (2006-Present) – Zorawar got married to Dildeep Sehgal in July 2006. They have 2 children together – a son named Fateh Kalra and a daughter named Aaliyah Kalra. Dildeep has served as a director at Zorawar’s firm – Massive Restaurants Pvt. Ltd.
Race / Ethnicity
- Mildly stocky frame
- Short-cropped, side-parted hair
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
- Puffy face
Zorawar Kalra Facts
- Bon to Jiggs Kalra (who is widely regarded as one of the greatest ambassadors of modern Indian cuisine), Zorawar always held ambitions of becoming a successful restaurateur, just like his father.
- In 2006, he launched ZK Restaurant Concepts, his first entrepreneurial venture. The following year, he started a company called Wrapster Foods Pvt. Ltd. He served as the company’s managing director until August 2008. Through this venture, he launched 2 major and popular restaurant chains – Street Foods of India and Punjab Grill.
- In October 2013, with a vision of reinventing modern Indian cuisine and elevating its stature across the globe, he founded Massive Restaurants Pvt. Ltd., a company that by September 2022, had a portfolio of more than 25 restaurants across 9 brands in more than 7 countries including India, the United Arab Emirates, and the United Kingdom. In its very first year of operations, the company had won more than 15 prestigious national and international awards under various categories.
- In July 2022, he announced that he would be participating in the 10th season of the competitive dance-based reality TV show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, the Indian Hindi-language version of the popular British reality TV franchise Strictly Come Dancing in which celebrities partner with professional dancers.
- As of September 2022, he has been included thrice in the list of the ’50 Most Influential Young Indians’ by GQ India, the Indian edition of the American monthly men’s magazine GQ. In 2017, the magazine had honored him with the ‘GQ Man of the Year – Restaurateur’ award.
- He loves spending time with his family, playing golf, and playing video games.
Featured Image by Zorawar Kalra / Instagram